Coast Counties Truck & Equipment is the oldest active Peterbilt dealer in the world.
We are family owned & operated since 1949 with 6 locations serving Northern & Central California.
Voted the 2018 Technology Dealer of the Year, we are in continuous growth mode seeking enthusiastic individuals looking for employment opportunities in sales, parts, service, leasing, finance & management.
* Paid time off programs, including vacation (paid) & holiday (paid)
* 401(K) plan through the Union Job Summary
The ideal candidate in this position will support the sales of heavy duty truck parts and equipment in parts department to marketplace customers and the service shop by performing the following duties.
* Ascertain make, year, and type of part needed, inspects worn, damaged, or defective part to determine replacement required, or advises customer of part needed according to description of malfunction.
* Discuss uses and features of various parts.
* Reads catalog, microfiche viewer, or computer for replacement part stock number and price.
* Receive and fills telephone and/or walk in customer orders for parts.
* Fill customer orders from stock. * Prepare sales slip or sales contract.
* Locate part(s) for customer(s) if not in stock and advises of options, local vendors and freight options.
* Advise csutomer on substitution or modifaction of part when replacement is not available.
* Examine returned part to determine if defective, and exchanges part or refunds money.
* Mark and store parts in stockroom according to prearranged system.
* Complete all PACCAR training workbooks.
* Take inventory of stock. * Maintain cleanliness of the department.
Empty waste baskets, stocks shelves, sweeps/mops floors and maintains working areas/walkways free from safety hazards and obstacles.
Qualifications * At least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* High School Education or equivalent
* Ability to read and comphrend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
* Ability to write simple correspondence
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organizations
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
* Must have a clean DMV record and current driver's license
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: San Leandro, CA (94577)