Coast Counties San Leandro - Outside Parts Sales Representative
Coast Counties Truck & Equipment is the oldest active Peterbilt dealer in the world.
We are family owned & operated since 1949 with 6 locations serving Northern & Central California.
Voted the 2018 Technology Dealer of the Year, we are in continuous growth mode seeking enthusiastic individuals looking for employment opportunities in sales, parts, service, leasing, finance & management.
Outside Parts Sales Representative Benefits
* Medical Benefits (including dental, vision and life insurance)
* 401(K) Plan w/ matching * Paid Time Off
* Paid Holidays Outside Parts Sales Representative Job Summary
The ideal candidate in this position will sell parts business through daily meetings and phone contacts with marketplace buyers.
Will serve as the parts sales specialist for existing and prospective customers, traveling as needed to provide on-site customer support to achieve assigned sales and profit objectives.
Outside Parts Sales Representative Responsibilities
* Assist/demonstrate to customers how to purchase parts by explaining the value-added features, benefits, and warranty of merchandise.
* Inform customers of companion part requirements, full product lines, and product offerings.
* Provide quotes and other information to customers via email, phone, and in person.
* Process payments and obtain credit authorization as necessary.
* Manage and maintain customer accounts as assigned by manager.
* Solicit and prospect for new customers by means such as cold calling.
* Process returns collected from customers while on assigned routes.
* Stage and manage orders for customer delivery.
* Locate parts for customers among inventory company wide.
* Partner with warehouse employees to pull ticket orders for customers.
* Utilize resources to determine the availability and lead times of parts.
* Place orders for parts that are temporarily out of stock through a back-ordering system.
* Build relationships with customers in order to better meet their needs.
* Operate company vehicles safely, obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
Outside Parts Sales Representative Qualifications
* 3 Years sales experience in automotive or heavy duty truck environment, preferred.
* Ability to work independently without direct on-site supervision.
* Automotive or Heavy duty truck and tractor trailer aptitude along with multiple brand knowledge, preferred.
* Strong organization, communication and telephone skills.
* Ability to use technology - researching parts online, communicating via email and conducting business sytem sales transactions.
* Basic proficiency with Mircrosoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Ability to utilize a CRM tool on a daily basis.
* Must have a clean DMV record and current driver's license
* Daily travel is required We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: San Leandro, CA (94577)