Hayworth Christian School has an opening for an Upper School Math teacher. The successful candidate will be able to teach Algebra II and above in a college preparatory, Christian environment. Small class sizes with an 8:1 student teacher ratio. Salary commensurate with experience and degree.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in the area of Mathematics (6-12th).
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Have the gift of teaching with the ability to communicate and discipline effectively.
- Must hold a valid ACSI teacher's certificate or be willing to pursue one and maintain the certification.
- Demonstrate the willingness, and ability, to teach academic subjects from a biblical-Christian worldview.
- Ability to coach, or sponsor, extracurricular activities a plus but not a requirement.
- Must be born again giving evidence of regeneration.
- Must display a love of children and a desire and gift for teaching them.
- Must be able to handle authority and be submissive to it.
- Must display a dedication to the children and school, and be able to maintain a good attendance record.
- Give evidence of a personal spiritual commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and be committed to and in agreement with the philosophy and objectives of HCS, and feel called of God to minister here. Place teaching position above other jobs or volunteer activities.
- Serve the Lord as a faithful member of a local church.
- Live personal life consistent with the Christian testimony he presents. (enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality).
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is an example of cleanliness, good taste, and in agreement with the school policy.
- Able to work as a contributing member of the faculty and staff of HCS.
Location/Region: High Point, NC (27262)