The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, is seeking a B/C or B/E Family Medicine Physician to lead the Division of Medical Student Education. The Division Director will develop a vision for medical student programs within the Department and lead the Department’s 25 faculty responsible for medical student education. East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine has a mission to train underrepresented minorities and specifically aims students to primary care specialties. As a result, faculty members participate in teaching a large number of both clinical and preclinical courses, in addition to clinical and scholarly activities.
Greenville is located 80 miles northwest of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
Job Highlights include:
- Join a Family Medicine Department of 45 faculty members in 6 divisions
- The Family Medicine Department is home to 36 residents, and fellows in Palliative Care, Geriatrics and Sports Medicine
- Tenure track or fixed term appointment - open to all levels of academic achievement to include assistant, associate, and full professor
- Participate in teaching, clinical and scholarly activities
- Clinical activities include outpatient continuity care, precepting and inpatient medicine
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life Insurance
Brody School of Medicine
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
Location/Region: Greenville, NC (27834)