Family owned and operated, Thompson Buick GMC is driven by a passion for people - most importantly, our employees.
We at Thompson Buick GMC are proud to share that not only were we able to maintain full staffing levels during a global pandemic, we are also adding to our team!
We’re looking for a Title Clerk/Accounts payable representative to join our team!
* Medical & Dental Plans* Paid time off & vacation* Flexible Work Schedule* Short & Long Term Disability* 401k Plan* Employee vehicle purchase plans* Growth Opportunities* HSA* Long term job security* Discounts on products & services* Paid trainingResponsibilities* Prepare tag and title documents.
* Submit all legal transfer documents to the DMV.
* Aggressively and cheerfully perform or ensure performance of any and all activities necessary to improve and maintain the highest possible Dealership Customer Satisfaction level.
* Process tag and title applications for all new and used car deals.
Ensure that all moneys are received and personal checks are cleared before title work is submitted.
* Correct problems and rejects from counties and state as quickly as possible.
* Process all wholesale deals and monitor wholesale receivable.
* Reconcile select accounts and schedules monthly, prior to month end.
* Properly represent the dealership to its customers and vendors in a friendly manner.
* Complete end of month accounting reports.
* Assist in completion of annual review/audit.
* Report all sales of new vehicles to GM.
* Process and collect all GM sales incentives.
* Handle all inquires regarding tag and title from customers and salespeople.
* Maintain file of check copies for tag and title fees.
* Act as back up to receptionist. * Complete the title work on each vehicle sold and send it to the prospective county courthouse so that the purchaser can obtain license and title on the vehicle.
* A trade-in vehicle must have the following information included in the used vehicle jacket: title, lien release, copy of registration or powers of attorney, and odometer statement.
* Call financial institutions to obtain vehicle payoff amounts on vehicles that are traded in on a sale if there is a lien against that vehicle.
Pay off promptly to avoid additional interest charges and obtain a lien release.
Maintain a log of date payoffs are mailed out.
Prepare trade-in vehicle jackets. .
* Maintain the “Title Log” report.
Review missing documents with the Office manager and put on hot-sheet for sales.
* Back up all positions in the office during vacation periods, illness or when the office is in a peak-load situation.
* Assist all Co-Workers, Managers, Sales Persons, Service Advisors, Vendors, Factories and customers with the information they need promptly and accurately.
* Must be cooperative, courteous, helpful and pleasant to assure an efficient and smooth processing of transactions in a non-hostile working environment.
* Other duties as assigned by Management.
* Must follow Company safety policies and practices, and immediately report any and accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.Qualifications* High School Diploma or equivalent* 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience at an auto dealership* Automotive experience preferred* Highly organized and eagerness to improve* Willingness to take initiative* Computer literacy, quality writing and grammar skills* Experience with Reynolds and Reynolds, basic working knowledge of automotive accounting preferred* Ability to handle multiple tasks easily* Ability to provide quality customer service* Work with all levels of employee* Clean driving record and valid driver’s license We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC (27609)