The OBGYN Physican Supervisor provides health care to patients in the Wake County Human Services Clinics. This will include Regional Centers and the Public Health Center in Raleigh, Located on Sunnybrook Road. Wake County Health & Human Services (WCHS) is the consolidation of programs and services that include social services, public health, job search assistance, child support, and transportation. Our mission is, in partnership with the community, will facilitate full access to high quality and effective health and human services for Wake County residents. In addition to our numerous standard programs, Wake County Human Services (WCHS) is engaged in a number of Special Initiatives that are impacting services and programs throughout our entire agency. Whether legislated down from the changing regulations on the Federal or State level or bubbling up from the entrepreneurial spirit of our staff, you can always look forward to Wake County Human Services implementing new and exciting enhancements to our services and programs.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Screen, diagnose and treat patients
- Document all care in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) (Athena)
- Provide preventive care, education, family planning care, prenatal care, STD care, and acute illness management
- Provide and supervise OB GYN ultrasound and non stress tests
- Provide support services to the mental health teams as needed for continuity of client care
- Perform procedures as indicated
- Supervise Advanced Practice Practitioners, certified nurse midwives, and ultrasound technician, according to NC Medical and Nursing Board guidelines
- Provide leadership to the prenatal and family planning programs, in collaboration with primary care physicians, Program Managers and Nurse Supervisors
- On call duties: Provide backup call to the nurse triage line on a rotating basis with other providers. Physician does not provide in person care after clinic hours.
Residents in final year of training may apply, with start of work contingent upon obtaining state licensure and Board eligible/certified status.
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC (27614)