The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at East Carolina University, in Greenville, NC, is seeking a qualified Physiatrist with Graduate Medical Education leadership experience to lead our residency program. The applicant will also perform patient care duties on a CARF-accredited Rehab Inpatient Specialty Unit and/or in the ECU Health Outpatient Clinic setting. The Program Director will help establish the strategic direction of the program and will be responsible for maintaining the standards, quality and reputation of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program.
Candidates must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from an appropriately accredited institution and be Board certified in PM&R.
Key Responsibilities for the Program Director:
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive, effective, and well-organized educational curriculum
- Oversee and ensure the administration of high quality didactic and clinical education
- Facilitation and management of external training and educational experiences
- Selection and management of program faculty with development and educational oversight, particularly focused on scholarly activity
- Lead the annual recruitment and selection of program candidates through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Ensure compliance with both the Institutional and ACGME stated requirements and expectations
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements (e.g., resident clinical and educational work hours, clinical work environment, etc.)
- Participation in regular evaluation of the program’s residents and faculty in relation to the educational objectives of the program and the ACGME’s milestones for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Assess the technical competence and clinical capabilities of each resident
- Be well-versed on all residency educational requirements both internal and external to include residency training milestones.
ECU Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department
The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.4 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within ECU Health Rehabilitation Center at ECU Health Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
The Center's 57-bed inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas. The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence at ECU Health.
The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close faculty-student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Programs are consistent with the medical school’s dual mission of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities to minority and disadvantaged students.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
Vidant Health is becoming ECU Health!
While our name change is official, the rebranding process will take several months to complete. Please note that during this transition period, you may see both brands represented in various places—online, in job postings and in the communication you receive.
Location/Region: Greenville, NC (27834)