A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. About the role Key responsibilities
Mandatory Job Requirements: The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess in order to perform the essential functions of the job:
· Must be capable of operating blenders, sifters, conveyors, comil’s, bagging units, tote fillers, metal detectors and heat sealing equipment in an efficient workman like manner, consistent with established company practices and required production and quality levels.
· Understand and demonstrate the ability to operate computerized and manual control panels.
· Must be capable of safely operating dust collectors, elevators, hoists, lift cages, hand lifts, forklifts, garbage/bag/cardboard compactors, shrink wrappers, and salt blasting equipment.
· Must comply with established Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
· Must comply with all safety rules and regulations, sanitary and quality standards as well as company work rules, GMP’s, and policies.
· Knowledgeable of HACCP procedures and locations of Critical Control Points.
· Must comply with established Allergen Clean-out and Full wash procedures. Accurately and legibly complete required allergen and full wash checklists.
· Able to follow establish blending procedures. Accurately account for staged ingredients, verify lot numbers and weights of ingredients.
· Correctly weigh out ingredients and final product accurately, always being very meticulous.
· Must comply with established Food/Non Food contact procedures.
· Must be able to interpret manufacturing specifications and lab results to insure product quality.
· Must comply with established safety procedures when handling chemicals. Knowledgeable of hazards associated with mixing chemicals. Know the location of MSDS and able to follow instructions on written warning labels.
· Must be able to understand written and oral communication and effectively communicate with supervisors and other employees on any issues pertaining to the job in a precise and timely manner.
· Must record all necessary operation data accurately and legibly.
· Understand all the functions of the process equipment and how they are controlled, and must be able to work at all positions.
· Maintain equipment and environment during production runs.
· Must have the ability and resourcefulness, in terms of independent action, to exercise the judgment necessary to make satisfactory decisions.
· Must be willing to take on additional responsibilities or duties when requested by the supervisor.
· Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action. Qualifications and skills
Continuously lift 30 – 55 lb bags of product. Turn 180 degrees in other direction and walk approximately 3 feet then put bag on a pallet and stack bag. Product and ingredients can be stacked as high as 5 feet. Routinely lift bags above head level.
Location/Region: Vesper, WI