Are you an experienced Utilities Project Coordinator? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Utilities Project Coordinator to work a hybrid schedule at their location in Raleigh, NC. This is a 1-year contract assignment with the possibility for extension with our client.
Utilities Project Coordinator is on the staff of the Director of Energy Services & Technology within the Energy Delivery Division. This position will support a key role of the Energy Services & Technology group, the development of the Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS) through the creation, development, and operation of demand reduction (DR) and distributed energy resource (DER) programs, data systems, and services that aggregate and control distributed technology for economic and grid reliability purposes. This position will collaborate with multi-departmental, electric distribution cooperatives (member cooperatives), and vendor teams to implement edge-of-grid services and technology. The position will act as a technical administrator and project assistant across our client’s programmatic efforts providing value to all.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the client’s DERMS including an understanding of the core design and use cases
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the member cooperative distribution systems to include their advanced distribution management systems (ADMS) that interact with our client’s DERMS (i.e. CIS, AMI, MDM, SCADA, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the transmission providers’ systems that interact with our client’s DERMS
- Develop meeting agendas in coordination with the DERMS vendor to support near-term and long-term goals
- Assist with facilitating and record keeping for meetings with the DERMS vendor and internal teams
- Administer the DERMS work management platform (MS Planner) for tracking of action items and milestones
- Supply information to assist with reporting on the status of DERMS, including enhancements and new development efforts
- Track DERMS outages and maintenance, planned and unplanned, for internal visibility and asset management coordination
- Maintain WebSupport, the software hub of the DERMS vendor that manages workflow and priorities
- Coordinate with the DERMS vendor and internal team(s) for service pack deployment and verification & validation testing, including direct execution of test steps and coordination of testing efforts
- Assist with maintaining the DERMS Business Process Test Plan and a testing process with the DERMS vendor and internal team(s)
- Develop program documentation to support testing, training, and user reference
- Support efforts to integrate new DR/DER technology into DERMS through coordination of member cooperative, vendor and internal teams
- Support the integration of improved Program Management initiatives into the DERMS
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge and understanding of our client’s resource portfolio and underlying contracts as well as wholesale rate structure
- Develop and maintain optimal working relationships and coordination between various groups including Power Supply, Innovation & Business Development, Business Information Technology Services, Rates & Accounting, and Communications
- Assist with annual work plan and budget preparations
- Maintain professional development
- Develop and deliver reports on workplace activities as directed by the Director of Energy Services & Technology
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Energy Services & Technology
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science, economics or other analytically intensive equivalent is required (3 years work experience in the energy arena can supplement a degree of lessor analytical intensity).
- A minimum of one year of power/energy industry experience in engineering, operations, planning, or another related field. Additional experience will be considered.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of the power/energy industry. Knowledge in the areas of distribution operations, distributed generation, and metering are desirable. A strong candidate will also have knowledge of various communication technologies, databases, and other applicable information technology software and hardware. Experience participating in a project team and limited team leadership experience is desired.
- Analytical mindset with a desire to solve problems
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Planner
- Able to be responsible for a project from start to finish
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to develop presentations and reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Substantive experience of successfully managing and leading diverse teams of creative and support staff
- Shall maintain internal and external relationships necessary to achieve the purpose of the position and the desired results
Job Requisition # 35461
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC