Immediately Hiring!!! $21.96/hr 2nd Shift
As a Production Shift Lead, you will supervise and coordinate the day-to-day activities of team to ensure efficiency of all production practices and production needs. You will maintain a safe and effective working environment while training teams on policies and procedures. Key Responsibilities
* Maintain safety awareness in all interactions with others and machinery. Ensure that all associates and others in the plant are always wearing the proper PPE. Enforce safe practices – stop anyone demonstrating an unsafe behavior
* Maintain close communication with all parties needed to run your area- your team members, manufacturing, Supply Chain, Maintenance, HR, IT, QA, etc
* Ensure that the daily schedule is followed in order of priority. Work to ensure that daily goals are met. Set clear expectations with people,
* Ensure that material/orders are completed in a timely manner and sent to the correct destination.
* Conduct shift lead daily check list, Follow-up with Line Leads to ensure process discipline
* Be involved with setting standards for productivity and performance, Coordinate support for changes that you would like to make
* Teach others what you know, Develop Lead people.
* Follow up behind the Floor Leads to verify material – ensure that they are transporting material to correct location and managing the quality of the material
* Perform the standard Quality checks and ensure that Floor Leads do their QC checks Qualifications
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of leadership/management experience. About us:
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday. PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter. The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG: We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference. We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets. We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable. We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly. We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities. We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses. PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way) We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process. Pay Transparency poster:
https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf EEO is the Law:
https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf EEO is the Law Supplement:
Location/Region: Thomasville, NC