Are you an experienced Software Engineer? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Software Engineer to work at their location in Dallas, TX. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for conversion with our client.
Are you an exceptional engineering leader with deep experience designing and building POS and payment applications? Do you have a passion for developing software that drives both development teams and the business? Become the newest technical leader for our client. This position will focus on building POS and payment solutions for top clients. This opportunity will allow the candidate to work on existing payments platforms and build new payment platforms on cloud and microservices architecture and help code, lead, and design functional deliverables for our client’s retail customers.
You will be working alongside other experienced engineers and developers, collaborating on the various infrastructure layers for our platform. Qualified candidates will have strong leadership, be forward-thinking, self-motivated and bring excellence to the development and customer experience.
- Developing new custom functionality and assisting with defect support
- Help with authoring functional specifications and/or high-level designs
- Documenting solutions by developing content, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams
- Working closely with the QA team to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Creating product documentation for end-users
- Providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Providing technical guidance during requirements workshops with our customers
- Providing technical input to the leadership team in the writing of client contracts
- Contributing to our legacy of outstanding innovation through the invention/IP process
- Elevating technology and consistently applying best practices
- Mentoring junior development team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of client/server development experience
- Client-facing professionalism and skills
- Ability to convert technical specifications from the design team or third-party vendors into software implementation
- Strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to details, teamwork, and excellent communication skills.
- Experience building and supporting client/server applications
- Strong Java programming skills and some C++ experience
- Some POS and/or payments development experience
- Knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/lifecycle, especially Agile methodology
- Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration, and simple scripting
- Proficiency with code versioning tools (like Git)
- Knowledge and experience with retail business processes, technologies, and payment solutions
- Deep POS and payments development experience
- Understanding of Payment technology for Cloud Point of Sales, including debit, credit, EBT, EMV (chip payment technology), Fuel, and Fleet cards, developing payment firmware on PIN Pads
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS and PII standards
- Experience building and supporting cloud-based applications, and DevOps
- Knowledge of REST, Spring Boot, and microservices design and development
- Experience with relational and NoSQL Databases
Job Requisition # 35499
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC (27623)