Did you know UNC Health has Ranked #2 Most Trusted Healthcare Brand in the U.S.? The UNC Health brand was ranked as the #4 healthcare brand in the United States overall and the #2 most trusted healthcare brand, just after Johns Hopkins and before Mass General. Join our One-Great-Team!
UNC Physicians Network is presently seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine Physician to join our network at UNC Family Medicine at Wakefield! UNC Family Medicine at Wakefield is a full-service family practice clinic, providing care to both pediatric and adult patients.
- Full Time
- Excellent Location
- Clinic Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Positive culture in a physician led organization and large health care system
- Provide professional medical services to patients
- Exercise independent professional judgement in the care and treatment of patients
- Order and prescribe medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care, and other health/medical services
- Prescribe medically appropriate pharmaceuticals
- Consult and counsel patients and families
- Provide health and medical education to patients and families
- Refer patients as needed to appropriate medical specialists and other healthcare professionals to assure multidisciplinary care is provided
- Document medical and clinical care in the patient's medical record Assign the appropriate diagnosis and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing
- Adhere to the principles of medical ethics
- Graduation from an accredited MD or DO program
- NC State License preferred
- FCVS profile preferred for those without NC license but not required
1. Provides professional medical services to patients.
2. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
3. Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services. Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals.
4. Consults and counsels with patients and families. Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
5. Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
6. Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
7. Supervises other medical professionals.
8. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
UNC Physicians Network (UNCPN) includes primary care providers, as well as physicians in a wide range of specialties and sub-specialties. Being part of UNCPN means a partnership with the UNC Health Care System. Our approach to health care is forward thinking and provides not only the stability of a strong network, but also continued autonomy. Practices function as a network but are recognized individually. Because the network is physician-led, we factor the needs of the practices and physicians into the operating model. Additionally, as a physician-led organization, we provide an opportunity for providers to participate in network governance and leadership. We bring diverse areas of expertise to your practice, allowing you and your staff to focus on what you do best – providing excellent patient care. Practices affiliated with UNCPN have access to additional operational support, specialty and sub-specialty care providers and the health care system’s electronic medical records system. Your patients will benefit from increased resources within our integrated health care system.
Active member of the Rex Hospital Medical Staff, including meeting the Board Certification requirements. Graduation from an accredited school of medicine.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Wakefield Family Prac
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC (27614)